How to Make a Nasal Rinse with Himalayan Salt?
If you’re looking for a way to get rid of colds quickly, try using Himalayan salt in nasal rinses. Salt is an effective natural antibiotic and antimicrobial and it has been used for centuries to treat infections and diseases. This article will explain how to make a nasal rinse using Himalayan salt and how to use it.
The Himalayan Salt Nasal Rinse is an effective homemade nasal rinse that can help you get rid of sinus infections and other types of colds in a natural way. This home remedy can also help relieve congestion and reduce the pain of a sinus infection.
It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, but has recently gained popularity as a way to alleviate congestion, headaches, and even chronic sinus problems.
They are typically used to flush out toxins and clear sinuses. Himalayan salt contains trace minerals and is high in magnesium, potassium, and chloride. It has been shown to reduce inflammation, which is useful for sinus issues. It is also an effective treatment for sore throats, coughs, colds and flu.
How to Make a Nasal Rinse with Himalayan Salt at Home?
Things you need:
- 3 teaspoons Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of boiled or filtered water
- A Neti Pot or Nasal bulb
Mix the given amount of Himalayan salt and baking soda together, then add 1 cup of lukewarm distilled water. Shake it well to mix the ingredients, and then test out the temperature. Make sure that temperature is not too hot for the nasal cavities because membrane is too sensitive.
Some people use regular table salt and tap water for nasal irrigation salt solution, but Himalayan pink salt water is preferable because of its benefits.
How to Make a Solution of Himalayan Salt Nasal Cleanse
- To get started, simply tilt your head downward over a sink and tilt it to the right. Gently squeeze half of the solution into the left nostril, rinse your nose and then breathe through your mouth. In a few seconds the saline solution flows out via your right nostril. Repeat the same process on the other side.
- In order to prevent yourself from discomfort, blow your nose very gently through one nostril so that the solution does not go into your ear. If water accidentally goes into your ears, there is nothing to worry about. The discomfort will go away in a short time.
- One thing to keep in mind, if you are using any other nasal medications, make it sure not to use it right before cleansing your sinuses – it will rinse all the medication out.
- To get the neti pot benefits, repeat it two to three times.
How Himalayan Salt Rinse Works?
Many people are familiar with neti pots and other nasal saline rinses, but the Himalayan salt nasal rinse is unique. Himalayan salt has more negative ions than regular salt, and because the ions help clean out mucus and pathogens from the nasal passages, it is a powerful tool to help prevent the common cold.
Benefits of using a Neti Pot Nasal Wash
- The benefits of using Himalayan Salt Nasal Rinse (also known as neti pots) are well documented and well supported. In addition, it has been proven to be safe for use with children.
- Benefits of neti pot include relieving nasal congestion, nasal infections, ear infection, acute sinus infections, throat infections, allergy symptoms, runny nose and other sinus symptoms.
- For people who suffer from seasonal allergies, this method of rinsing the nasal passages may be a good alternative to the traditional nasal spray.
- Using Himalayan salt is a natural way to relieve sinusitis without the harmful side effects of pharmaceuticals.
- Using nasal salt rinses is a great way to cleanse your sinuses. It also promotes the overall health and well known for reducing headaches. By treating the allergies, Himalayan salt rinse boosts the immunity and removes toxins from body.
- If you’re having sleep issues due to chest or nose congestion, salt rinse is a best cure for it as it clears the congestion and improves the sleep quality especially in children.
Is Pink Himalayan Salt Neti Pot Safe for Children?
The Himalayan salt nasal rinse is a simple solution that is safe for both children and adults. The salt particles are not harmful to the lungs and are completely odorless. The only side effect that has been reported is that some people experience a mild burning sensation when they first use the nasal rinse.
The salt nasal rinse is a great way to cleanse your sinuses and remove excess mucus without the use of a neti-pot. The salt particles are completely odorless and will not irritate the nose. Because the salt particles are so small, they do not block the sinuses, and they are not harmful to the lungs.
The salt nasal rinses do not cause nausea, headache, dizziness or vomiting. A few adults who are allergic to salt report slight swelling or itching of the nose. Other than that, the salt rinses are perfectly safe for everyone.
This nasal rinse may sound strange, but if you have a cold or allergies, it will help you get rid of mucus and clear up your sinuses. Try it today, and see how much clearer you feel within a day or two. It also has an antiseptic effect that helps fight infection. Other benefits include a strengthening effect on the immune system, reducing stress and boosting the metabolism.
Got More Questions about Himalayan Salt? Ask Us