Himalayan salt mortar and pestle is a natural ingredient found on the shelves of health food stores and groceries everywhere.
Himalayan salts mortar and pestle are a natural way to crush herbs, spices, nuts, grains and more for cooking, baking and making herbal medicine. These mixtures use the power of salt to create a paste that breaks down the ingredients, blending them into a smooth, fine powder.
Himalayan salt, known as Himalayan pink rock salt, is a natural mineral deposit that occurs in foothills of Himalaya. It is rich in nutrients and is beneficial for the human body. Its high minerals content makes it ideal for food preparation and as a cleaning agent.
Himalayan salts mortar and pestle is a great tool for grinding fresh herbs, spices, and other ingredients into powders that you’ll use in many culinary and medicinal preparations. It can be used to make herbal infusions and tea, add flavor to breads, cakes, and biscuits, as well as garnish salads.
Why Himalayan Mortar and Pestle?
Himalayan salt mortar and pestle is the best way to grind herbs and spices. It works so well because it does not heat up or leave toxic fumes. It works so well because it uses very little water. And, of course, it is Himalayan salt.
A salt mortar and pestle is used to grind herbs, spices, and seeds into a fine powder. This type of mill is easy to use and can be kept on hand in a kitchen cabinet or spice rack for quick access.
Salt is such an amazing ingredient in cooking. It adds a great flavor to everything, but it is so important to cleanse the body when preparing meals. When you prepare meals using a salt mortar and pestle, the salt absorbs all the impurities from the food. This helps the food to be healthier for you.
Himalayan salt is extremely beneficial to health. It has many medicinal properties, such as being an anti-inflammatory and antifungal, and it is known to help cure many diseases. It also helps cleanse the body and detoxify the system.
Uses of Himalayan Salt Mortar and Pestle
Himalayan salt mortars and pestles are specifically designed to create an ultra-fine powder while grinding herbs, giving nice texture to your spices, adding healthy touch to coffee, chocolate, nuts, and seeds. They have a wide variety of uses, including making fresh, flavored, herbal waters, smoothies, cocktails, tea, sauces and dips, and desserts.
The powder produced by this tool is much finer than the powders created by other tools, resulting in better texture of the herbs and spices.
Himalayan salt mortar and pestle is used to make medicine and also used for cooking. You can also make nut butters and jams, herbal teas, coffee and tea blends, and other specialty foods.
Himalayan salt mortar and pestle are used for grinding spices, herbs, and other ingredients into powder. It is also used to grind dried herbs and spices, such as cardamom pods, coriander seeds, dill seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, paprika, pumpkin seeds, saffron, and star anise.
This powerful kitchen tool has many uses since ancient times, edible and medicinal, including grinding grains and herbs, crushing herbs and spices, pulverizing dried fruits and vegetables, making teas, and grinding bone meal.
Himalayan salt contains many minerals and trace elements including calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium, chloride, bromine, fluoride, iron, manganese, copper, and iodine, which make it extremely beneficial for our body’s health.
Characteristics of Pink Salt Mortar and Pestle
- Beautiful pink color
- Mortar and pestle releases beneficial minerals in food
- Gives you a complete control over texture and level of grind
- Anti-bacterial naturally
- Easy to use
- Long lasting and reliable
- Adds a yummy salty essence to spices and herbs
- Easy to Clean and Easy to store
- Doesn’t release any harmful fumes in your food unlike food processor or grinder
- Enhances the flavor with the natural salt that please taste buds
How to Use Himalayan Salt Mortar and Pestle?
Using this salt mortar pestle is very easy and simple, just like any other regular mortar and pestle. Simply put the fresh herbs and spices you want to grind in salt mortar. Hold the mortar in your one hand and pestle in another in such a way that the hand with pestle is covering half of the mortars opening. This will help to keep the spices and herbs in their places without spilling all over.
Use the pestle with your hands force to crush or grind the spices and herbs. Also you can adjust the size of grind and level of grind of spices with this mortar because it is done by hand.
Recipes using Salt Mortar and Pestle
- For Spicy Salsa, crush tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cayenne pepper, and other spices in a salt mortar and crush until you get the right consistency.
- Using this mortar and pestle for Salad Dressing, put crushed garlic, mustard seeds, salt and pepper and make a mixture.
- To make a yummy pesto sauce, you can put basil, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil in a salt mortar.
- A Spicy Chutney is easy to make is mortar and pestle by putting chili flakes, onions, garlic, ginger, mint leaves and salt.
- If you want to make curry pastes, you can put coriander, cumin, fennel, cardamom, turmeric, and other spices in a Himalayan salt mortar and crush them with pestle. Keep on adding little amount of water until the right consistency is achieved.
- For making a kimchi, you can place garlic, ginger, scallions, and other spices in a Himalayan salt mortar.
- A hot sauce is easy to make by red chili flakes, garlic, and other spices in a Himalayan rock salt mortar.
- Hummus is easy to made in crystalline structured and hand carved mortar, Add chickpeas, garlic and ginger and fresh water and start grinding and crushing. Keep on adding the herbs and spices you need along with the natural oils (olive oil).
How to Clean and Care?
Cleaning salt mortar and pestle after regular use is so easy and simple. You don’t need any harsh cleaning agent because it is made of Himalayan crystal salt which has its own natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Harsh agents will make it loose the purity.
Simply wipe the mortar surface with a damp paper towel or rinse it with plain tap water. Dry it with a towel or cloth, air dry and store it in a dry and cool place.
Himalayan Salt Mortar Pestle is a good investment because mortar and pestle will last quite long time. The only exception is that you need to maintain it properly. Once thickness of mortar and pestle start losing and it is becoming small and thin, you can grind it and use it for food seasoning.
This Himalayan pink salt mortar and pestle is made from natural materials, so it will last for years. You can use it to grind spices, and make herbal remedies. If you’re looking for a way to make your kitchen look a bit more exotic, you’ll love using this Himalayan salt mortar and pestle.
Spices and sauces crushed in this extraordinary, all-natural cylindrical cooking tool is way much better than crushing spices through friction of sharp blades of a food processor. Smashing the spices in the traditional way is healthy and durable. It is a must-have for making seasoning rubs, marinade or a chunky guacamole.
Got More Questions about Himalayan Salt Mortar and Pestle? Ask Us